Seasonal Flu Vaccine
Please call one of our schedulers to schedule your child’s flu vaccine appointment.
Vaccine strains in this year’s flu vaccine include two A (H1N1-like and H3N2-like) and one B antigen. The A (H3N2) and B antigens differ from the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 vaccine antigens.
- Infants younger than 6 months are too young to receive influenza vaccine
- Children 9 years and older need only 1 dose of influenza vaccine
- Children 6 months through 8 years receiving influenza vaccine for the FIRST TIME should receive a second dose at least 4 WEEKS AFTER the first dose
- Children 6 months through 8 years who received 2 or more doses of seasonal influenza vaccine since July 1, 2010, need only 1 dose of influenza vaccine
- Children 6 months through 8 years who received 0 or 1 doses of seasonal influenza vaccine since July 1, 2010, need 2 doses of influenza vaccine (4 weeks apart)
All of our flu vaccine is thimerosal-free.
INVENTORY as of 2/1/13:
We currently have a limited supply of flu shots for children 36+ months of age.
We have plenty of flu shots for children 6 – 35 months of age.